Tuesday 3 December 2013

Weeks 10 & 11 (PS Lvl 5) Self-employment

This weeks professional studies lecture on self-employment has made me consider the possibility of having my own business after this course. Writing my report on trade shows will of course help with this, as I will be aware of how to sell my work from my own business. Firstly, if I was to launch myself at a trade show, I would have to think of how to start the business up, and of course were I could work. There are a few possibilities such as from home, at a studio or in my own shop/gallery. I think renting a studio would realistically be the best option. I have done some research into possible venues....

The Mushroom Works



The Mushroom Works is in Newcastle near where I live so it would be an ideal studio space, especially for starting out on my own. The cost would obviously depend on the size of the studio space, which would probably be fairly small at first if I was just a small business. 


The Shed



The Shed is a Gateshead Council Initiative for creative businesses, which is rent free! This would be ideal for a start out business not having to pay for rent and the location is ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment