Sunday 29 April 2012

CAD designs







For the ‘Practice Enrichment’ brief I did earlier in the year, I had to design a collection of surface designs either for, furnishing fabrics or for womenswear fashion print using digital applications through Computer aided design (Photoshop). I then had to digitally print my 2 final designs on to fabric. This was the first time I had really used Photoshop so I was a bit worried about not being able to figure out how it works, but I found most of the software really simple and I was pleased it didn’t turn out to be too much of a struggle! I’ve learnt lots of new skills and look forward to trying it again on some of my other work. To create my collection, I scanned in some of my drawings of florals and used photoshop to digitally manipulate my motifs, using different effects and colours until I was pleased with my designs.

Final Design

Final Design

No comments:

Post a Comment