Tuesday 29 October 2013

Week 6 (PS Lvl5) The Trends Industry

This weeks professional studies session has made me spark more of an interest in the trend forecasting industry. I have found it quite interesting how trends for fabric, prints, colours etc are all sourced from popular music, film, global culture, design and social trend influences. 

I was already aware of some of the trend books/journals as I have had to use them for my work but gaining some knowledge of their background has sparked an interest for me, wanting to gain experience, research further into how this works and consider as a possible career choice. This interest has had me researching further into trend forecasting companies so I thought I would pop a couple of my favourites on to the blog...




WGSN



Wgsn is a fashion trend forecasting website. I have found the information they provide extremely useful, especially with my own work in the studio modules. The provide very good trend predictions that I have found so far have been proved right, and they provide a wide range of research for print and colour trends also. I think I would really like to work for a well established trend company like this as I believe I would enjoy the travel aspect of the job and getting a insight into future trends.
   
Trend Bible



Trend Bible are a North-East based interior trend company. They sell there trend books to many well-known brands. I think it would be interesting to get an insight into interior trend forecasting as it will be slightly different to fashion forecasting. Gaining experience or working for this company would be very beneficial especially as they are right here in the North-East where I live. 

No comments:

Post a Comment